Merrimac Municipal Light Department
SERVING THE TOWN OF MERRIMAC
The Merrimac Municipal Light Department (MMLD) exists to provide the Town of Merrimac’s ratepayers safe and reliable electricity at a reasonable and competitive rate that sustains the healthy operations of both the department and the maintenance, expansion, and modernization of the electrical distribution system.
|Home Energy Assessment||Free|
|Electric Clothes Dryer||$30|
|Heat Pump/Mini Split||$175.00|
Energy Saving Rebates and Programs
MMLD is pleased to offer rebates to the residents of Merrimac who purchase qualified energy efficient ENERGY STAR® appliances. By offsetting the cost of these appliances, the MMLD hopes to promote energy conservation and have an impact on the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.
- Only ENERGY STAR qualified appliances, as determined by the United States Department of Energy, are eligible for the MMLD Appliance Rebate Incentive Program. See listings on ENERGY STAR for more information.
- Customers must have an active residential account in good standing with MMLD.
- Proof of purchase after July 1, 2017 must be provided to MMLD in the form of a copy of the sales receipt.
- A copy of the ENERGY STAR label from the appliance that shows the ENERGY STAR logo or a printout from ENERGY STAR showing your appliance is ENERGY STAR rated must be returned with the application.
- A completed copy of the application must be remitted to MMLD to be eligible for a rebate.
- The qualifying appliance must be installed at the active account location.
- A limit of two (2) appliances per customer account are eligible for MMLD’s Appliance Rebate Program each program period.
- The rebate will be in the form of a credit to your electric account.
- MMLD reserves the right to verify installation of the appliance for which a rebate is requested.
- MMLD reserves the right to terminate this program at any time during the program year.
Once MMLD has received the Appliance Rebate Form and verified eligibility, a credit on your residential account bill for the appropriate amount will be issued (please allow 4 to 6 weeks for processing).
Energy New England (ENE) provides conservation services for the residential customers of its partnering utilities. ENE’s highly trained and experienced Residential Energy Advisors can examine your home and identify heating, lighting, and weatherization opportunities to be more efficient and save money on your utility bills.